The rise of Web3 and Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) is transforming the way we live and work, with the potential to revolutionise various industries and society as a whole. Web3, also known as the decentralised web, refers to the next generation of the internet in which power and control are distributed more evenly among users. This is achieved through the use of decentralised technologies such as blockchain, which allow for secure and transparent peer-to-peer transactions without the need for intermediaries.
NFTs, on the other hand, are unique digital assets that represent ownership of a specific item or content, such as artwork. They cannot be replicated and are stored on a blockchain to ensure authenticity and ownership. NFTs have become popular in the art world, with digital artists selling their work for millions of dollars, but their potential applications are vast and can change the way we think about ownership and value in the digital age.
What are brands using Web3?
We’re already seeing an increase in uptake for brands that are starting to enhance their brand experiences through Web3. Jack Daniel's, the renowned whiskey brand, has recently filed an NFT and metaverse trademark application, signalling their entry into the Web3 realm. The whiskey industry is rapidly evolving, and it appears that Jack Daniel’s will be on the forefront of this change. Similarly, large organisations such as Ray-Ban, TAG Heuer, and Audi are looking to the future as they develop their Web3 offerings.
How can businesses use Web3 to enhance or build their brand?
Businesses can look to build their brands through Web3 by leveraging the transparency and immutability of blockchain technology to create trust and authenticity. For example, businesses can use blockchain to create digital assets such as NFTs that represent their products or services, which can be used to build brand loyalty and customer engagement.
Additionally, businesses can also use blockchain-based platforms to create decentralised communities where customers can interact with each other and the brand, fostering a sense of community and shared ownership.
Furthermore, businesses can use blockchain-based smart contracts to automate and streamline their processes, creating efficiencies that can be used to differentiate their brand and create a competitive advantage. Finally, businesses can also leverage blockchain-based analytics and data to gain insights into customer behaviour and preferences, which can be used to improve their products and services, and drive greater brand loyalty.
How can we build audiences within Web3?
Building an audience within Web3 can be achieved by leveraging the unique features of blockchain technology and decentralised platforms to create engaging and compelling experiences for users. Here’s a few ways to build audiences within Web3:
- Creating NFTs and other digital assets: NFTs and other digital assets can be used to create unique and valuable experiences for users that can be collected, traded, and used to build brand loyalty and community engagement.
- Building decentralised communities: Platforms like Steemit, Reddit, and Discord can be used to create decentralised communities where users can interact with each other and the brand, fostering a sense of community and shared ownership.
- Creating decentralised applications (dApps): dApps can be used to create engaging and interactive experiences for users, such as games, social networks, and marketplaces, that can be used to build an audience and drive adoption.
- Using crypto-incentives: These can be used to reward users for engaging with the brand or community, creating a sense of value and ownership that can drive engagement and retention.
- Leveraging blockchain-based analytics: These are an insight tool that can be used to understand user behaviour and preferences, which can be used to improve products and services, and drive greater engagement and retention.
- Creating a token economy: Tokens can be used to create a sense of ownership and value for users, encouraging them to participate and engage with the platform.
Web3 is giving brands the edge
As more and more brands, such as Jack Daniel's, Ray-Ban, and Audi, start to adopt Web3, it is clear that the future of business is one of decentralisation and community-driven engagement. With the right approach and mindset, businesses can leverage the unique features of blockchain technology and decentralised platforms to build audiences, drive adoption, and create a competitive advantage.
Learn more with Crowd
If the rise of Web3 interests you, you can download our free resource here.
Dan is part of Crowd's Copywriting team. He has a passion for content marketing and all things words.