A brand book or brand guidelines as they are sometimes known are an essential part of a company’s arsenal to ensure that their customer facing activities present a consistent and recognisable front. Aside from making your company appear organised, it builds trust with customers - they can be confident they are dealing with the right people.
Some of our team remember when a brand book was a physical item to consult when producing new creative. That was gradually replaced by the PDF as company documentation digitised in the early 21st century.
However the problem with PDFs is that they can be become lost, out of date and can be confusing for staff.
Crowd have produced a new solution to combat these problems with a new offering: the Digital Brand Book. Acting as an extranet, the Digital Brand Book brings the guidance of the brand book online with the following benefits:
- Can be constantly updated and is always current for everyone
- Can be shared easily with agencies and staff working remotely
- Direct downloads of assets (logos, fonts etc.) and templates
- Can be expanded as new assets and guidance become available
- Can be used to share work from remote offices and different agencies
- Can be password protected
- Can be combined with document and asset managers to provide a single source of information
Crowd have naturally created one for our own brand which is proving invaluable with so many creatives around the world.
An example screen from Crowd's own Digital Brand Book
We have also delivered Digital Brand Books for some of our long-term clients, bringing their brands to life with subtle animation.
If you would like to discuss how a Digital Brand Book could help your business, then please get in touch.
Jamie has a passion for digital, and leads a team of designers, content creators and programmers that constantly push the boundaries in the world of digital.